Please consider applying to the 2018-2019 MTA Next Generation Leadership program. The MTA Next Generation Leadership Program is for MTA members who want to help make their locals powerful and effective organizations. It is designed to inspire activism and to teach members how to solve workplace problems through active engagement. More information about the Next Generation leadership program is available here. All MTA members who meet the criteria below are welcome to attend-whether you’ve been a member for 1 year or 20 years.
- Active service members currently employed;
- Have not served as a union officer or executive board member for more than three years;
- Are motivated by an impulse to help build strong, capable, active local associations;
- May or may not have any background as a union activist or activist in other organizations;
- Curious, purposeful, willing to share what you know and learn what others share.
Sessions will be held in different regions of the state according to the following schedule:
Education Association of Plymouth-Carver Office | Friday, November 2 at 5:00 pm – Sunday, November 4 at 12:00 pm
MTA Auburn Office | Friday, January 25 at 5:00 pm – Sunday, January 27 at 12:00 pm
MTA Headquarters in Quincy | Wednesday, February 20 at 5:00 pm – Friday, February 22 at 12:00 pm (vacation week offering)
MTA Holyoke Office | Friday, March 29 at 5:00 pm – Sunday, March 31 at 12:00 pm
MTA Lynnfield | Friday, May 31 at 5:00 pm – Sunday, June 2 at 12:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are considered on a rolling basis. This application will serve for all of the above dates. APPLY TODAY!